Why Indecision will smother your business!
“I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure”
Is this you?
Do you struggle with making a decision?
Does it require a complete death analysis and even then, its still hard?
When you finally choose, is there a post-mortem on it?…..Maybe you should have gone the other way etc.
As a business owner who is looking to create that higher vision of success for yourself and your business, indecision will suck that vision dry!
The energy drain, the head wrecking, the anxiety, the sweat!!
So why do so many of us find it so challenging at times?
If we deep down know that making the decision will get us one step closer to our goals, why then do we still hesitate?
One big reason is Fear!
Fear of failure
Fear of success
Fear of judgement
Fear of insecurity
Fear of loss
Fear of pain
Our minds are wired for always seeing the negative, so any decision, big or small, will be fed with thoughts of worst case scenarios – the WHAT IF “negative” stories.
While we sit on the fence of indecision, we remain safe. So the mind settles. Because there is no change to something different and therefore all will stay ok.
It is up to us to do the work to turn this around.
There are several ways to improve your ability to decide, and I would like to share 3 with you now.
The first one I mention here is foundational.
- Get Clear – clear on your vision:
- What is it you are looking to ultimately achieve?
- Once you know this and are confidently aligned to it, the next few steps are easy.
- Brain dump analysis:
- Take the proactive analysis approach of pros and cons.
- Using proper researched information.
- Keep it purely FACTUAL – no opinions or guesses.
- Write out with pen and paper.
- The WIN v WIP
- Take a blank page, draw a line down the center.
- On the left hand side, write a list of all that your mind feeds you – the WIN’s (What If Negative)….ie all the negative reasons you have been thinking that do not apply to the factual list above.
- Now on the right hand side, write a list of the WIP’s (What If Positive)
Indecision will smother your dream so I invite you to consider anything you are currently sitting on, that needs a decision in some way, apply the above and Just go for it.
I am here to support you and your business and personal vision so why not book a free 30 minute discovery call and get yourself off the fence and moving forward.
Book your chat with me now – click HERE
Holistic Success Coach & PM